Dr. Scanlon joined Retina Associates of St. Louis in 2015. He is a native of St. Louis and returned to the area after training to provide retina vitreous services for patients in the St. Louis and surrounding areas.
After graduating from St. Louis University High School, Dr. Scanlon attended and graduated from Xavier University. Dr. Scanlon earned his medical degree from the University Of Toledo College of Medicine. Dr. Scanlon completed his internship at St. Mary’s Health Center in St. Louis. He completed his ophthalmology residency at Saint Louis University where he served as Chief Resident and received Excellence in Research and Ophthalmology Awards. Dr. Scanlon completed his vitreo-retinal surgical fellowship at the Vitreoretinal Foundation/Eye Specialty Group in Memphis, Tennessee.
Dr. Scanlon is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Memberships and Interest
- Diplomat, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, Missouri Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Magna Cum Laude, Xavier University
- Eta Sigma Phi Classical Honor Fraternity, Xavier University
- Hohner Harmonica Contest Champion, Bean Blossom Blues Festival